Spring Creek Association
Photo Credit Sweetlight Photography All Rights Reserved
Located along the base of the Ruby Mountains Spring Creek Association offers a 5 station un-sheltered handgun and rifle range. Shooters can enjoy the range facilities from sunrise to sunset daily.
There is no Range Master on site, the area is patrolled by SCA Security throughout the day.
There are restrooms, tables, benches and target back-stops set up at various intervals. The area is set up as a target range only .
NO clay shooting, or tannerite allowed. No shotguns or fully automatic firearms are allowed. Spring Creek Trap and Skeet is available for shooting clays.
SCA asks that everyone be courteous and clean up your spent rounds and targets before you leave.
Also please do not bring any glass or plastic items as targets!
This area does require a key to get in the gate, you can purchase a key from the SCA Office at 401 Fairway Blvd. Spring Creek, NV 89815.
Please lock the gate when entering and leaving the facility.
The facility is also available to shooting clubs for private matches when reserved.
These facilities and amenities belong to the property owners of Spring Creek. It is maintained by the Spring Creek Association. The following rules have been adopted by the Board of Directors. The rules are for everyone’s benefit, so the Marina may be enjoyed by all. Additional Rules and Regulations may be posted at facilities/amenities
ALL USERS MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING WITH COA AND
ASSOCIATION DUES ARE CURRENT
When range rules get broken, it is usually because of the lack of education and the lack of practice of property techniques. ALWAYS PRACTICE GUN SAFETY.
- MAXIMUM RANGE 200 YARDS.
- Range markers are located at 50, 100 and 200 yards.
- Please use appropriate target stands. (See below for target stand specifications.)
- Do not shoot at rocks, fence posts, or outside of designated range boundaries.
- Range is open for dawn to dusk unless otherwise posted.
- All Firearms mut be holstered or cased in unloaded condition while going to or from the range.
- Consider all firearms to be loaded.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep muzzle pointed downrange.
- If you bring more than one firearm, use only one at a time. When finished, case the unloaded firearm and its ammunition before un-casing the next one.
- Know your target and what is behind it.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm. SCA does not permit TRACER ammunition.
- No open toed or open heel shoes are allowed. Shooter must have appropriate footwear in order to enter the range area.
- All firearms on firing line are to be unloaded and actions open during target inspection.
- NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS ARE ALLOWED AT THE RANGE.
- NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED AT THE RANGE.
- NO OFF-SITE SHOOTING.
- Please protect this facility/amenity from vandalism.
- Please report anyone shooting outside the range or at buildings and facilities/amenities.
- This is the Property of the Homeowner’s of Spring Creek Association.
- DON’T LET OTHERS DESTROY IT.
- Shotguns and clay pigeons prohibited.
- Handguns NOT permitted on rifle side of range.
- Firing line is the provided tables.
- Shoot from firing line.
- If a fellow shooter requests “Cease Fire” in order to go check on targets, stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm and back away from the firing line. Do NOT re-approach the firing line or pick up your firearm until the “All Clear” signal is given.
- Adult supervision required for youth under 18 years old.
- Hearing and eye protection required.
- Shooters may collect their brass behind the firing line once they have unloaded and cased their firearm and are ready to leave the range.
- Do not shoot target stand berms.
- Tables and target stands are numbered for lane assignments.
- No cardboard boxes, plastic cartons, pallets, or jugs to be used as targets.
- No glass allowed at the range.
- Please be courteous and respectful to others. Act responsibly at all times. Foul language, horseplay or any other unsafe activity will not be tolerated and will be cause for the participant(s) to be ejected from the facility.
- Please clean and check your firing line station upon leaving. (i.e. trash, targets, etc.)
- Abuse or misuse of this facility/amenity could cause suspension of your right to use this facility.
IF YOU WITNESS ANY RULES BEING BROKEN, VIOLATIONS OF RULES OR GUN SAFETY, PLEASE CALL (775) 753-6295 OR ELKO COUNTY DISPATCH AND ASK FOR A DEPUTY SHERIFF.